Clinical Trials Assistant.
- Up to £26000.00 per annum
Clinical Trials Assistant
- Up to £26000.00 per annum
May 24, 2023
The Recruitment Co are recruiting an experienced Clinical Trials Assistant to join our clients expanding team. A world-leading manufacturer of high-quality technical products.
Shifts: Full time Days- Flexibility required (During a trial the shifts are likely to be :- 07:00 – 15:00, 13:00 – 21:00, With the option of 09:00 – 17:00)
The role is very practical, and you will spend most of your time operating to a very high degree of rigour, under the constraints of time, within our clinical suites. You must be comfortable working in this type of environment.
Following extensive training you will become a key member of the clinical research team responsible for the execution of daily clinical research activities according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice and the applicable Clinical Trial directives and legislation. You will be solely responsible for performing all aspects of the patient appointment, which will consist of delivering treatments with the investigational product(s), capturing high quality real-time photographs, and performing non-invasive skin measurements. You will be heavily involved in all aspects of the clinical trial process from study design, recruitment, execution through to routine close-out activities.
You will be expected to liaise with study participants both verbally and by written forms of communication, delivering detailed and accurate information about upcoming clinical investigations. You will participate in devising new training resources, including training videos. You may also be asked to participate in footage for marketing and commercial needs. The nature of all work is such that it must be undertaken within the clinical trials facilities and is on a flexible shift pattern that includes evening work.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and review of study related documents prior to study commencement
- Recruitment of subjects to take part in all clinical trials, maintaining appropriate contact during the clinical trials process.
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate appointment schedule
- Ensuring completion of the informed consent process
- Working to multiple study protocols, in different stages of a trial development (start -up, recruitment, maintenance, close-out)
- Executing clinical research activities to a very high degree of rigour, including performing treatments with the investigational devices, and capturing high quality, real-time photographs
- Ensuring accurate and complete Case Report Form entry during trial execution
- Monitoring patient status and safety.
- Accurately transcribing raw data and ensuring records are maintained.
- Monitoring and replenishing clinical suite supplies/consumables.
- Prompt reporting of any concerns arising during a study
- Monitoring and reconciling Adverse Events and Adverse Device Effects
- Preparing Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Good secondary or vocational qualifications (e.g., ‘A’-level, BTEC Certificate) including GCSEs in Maths & English
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of working in a structured, rigorous manner.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Receptive to constructive feedback
- Dynamic and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives when working under pressure
- Highly organised and proactive
- A good team player with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Self-motivated / can-do-attitude
- Proficient using Microsoft Packages [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook]
- HNC/HND or equivalent in a science related discipline
- Experience of undertaking clinical trials using Good Clinical Practice.
- In addition, the successful candidate will need to have:
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of numeracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to maintain utmost confidentiality in all work matters.
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities, taking on additional tasks where required.
- The ability to work effectively as both an individual and as part of a team.
If you have the required skills and experience required for this role then please submit your CV for immediate response.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for this job.
Latest jobs .
Senior Group Health Safety and AdvisorView & Apply
Senior Catering SupervisorView & Apply
Catering AssistantView & Apply