Deputy Principal – Bangor.
Deputy Principal – Bangor
May 10, 2022
Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Bangor are looking to recruit a Deputy Principal to join their team.
Hourly Pay: £20.66
Location – Rathgael House, Bangor
Length of Assignment: 18 months with potential for an extension
37 hours – Flexible (core time being 9:30-12:00 and 14:00 to 15:30)
Main Duties include:
Our public sector client has policy responsibility for Youth Work in education and works in partnership with the Education Authority’s Youth Service and other Youth sector bodies to develop and implement youth work policy. In addition the team has responsibility for a range of other areas including oversight and delivery of youth related interventions in the Executive’s Tackling Paramilitarism Strategy, Together Building a United Community Intervention programmes, oversight of Safeguarding within the Youth Sector, International youth provision, Irish Medium and Ulster Scots Youth Work and encouraging, promoting and facilitating shared education within the youth sector. YWPT is also the sponsor team for the Youth Council for NI.
The purpose of the post is to supplement the experience of the Youth Work Policy Team by bringing a specialist working knowledge of youth work to improve the development, implementation and monitoring of the Department’s youth policy (currently Priorities for Youth).
The main duties are to:
– lead on two Peace Plus Investment areas (Shared Learning Together and Youth Mental Health & Wellbeing) for which the Department is the NI Accountable Department;
– contribute to review and further development of youth policy and its implementation;
– work with a range of key stakeholders across the youth service on a range of strategic projects and issues related to improving the lives of children and young people, including International youth work and oversight of North South Education & Training Standards (NSETS) Committee;
– manage the development of business cases and the associated approvals process in relation to the above work areas;
– liaise with the Education Authority for monitoring and reporting purposes including oversight of expenditure (including profiling) for responsible areas;
– develop drafts of guidance, papers, briefings, Assembly Questions, etc in relation to areas of responsibility; and
– flexibility to undertake such other duties as may be required to deliver business priorities.
Line management responsibility will be shared across YWPT Deputy Principals.
-A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in youth work, social science, social policy or a field directly relevant to the duties of this role AND at least three years of relevant work experience at a middle-senior management level working in the field of youth services.
-Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a team;
-Capacity to deliver results and outcomes, sometimes within tight time frames and requiring effective prioritisation;
-Good oral and written skills; and
-Budgeting and financial management experience.
Desired Experience/ Qualifications.
-NSETS endorsed qualification.
-Prior experience of working within the Peace programme.
-Experience of policy development work.
-Experience of working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders at a regional level.
-Experience of risk identification and management;
-Ability to influence and persuade within a complex political environment.
To apply please send your CV via the link or email email@example.com