Documentation Production Specialist.
- Birmingham, West Midlands
Documentation Production Specialist
- Birmingham, West Midlands
January 12, 2023
Role: Documentation Production Specialist
Salary: £27,500 – £28,500
Full time, Part time (both 28 hours per week)
A permanent and part-time role, working 28 hours per week, with the option of hybrid working in line with the firm’s guidelines.
Document Production Specialist roles are based within the firm’s wider Executive Support Services (ESS) team, which is responsible for supporting all areas of the business. The role reports to the relevant office’s Executive Support Manager or Executive Support Team Leader and is responsible for creating, amending and finalising high quality documents using various IT packages.
This role is based within the firm’s Central Support Team, providing support to all National Service Lines and will work alongside Executive Assistants and Administration Assistants to provide outstanding client service to the lawyers within the team.
A typical day would be:
- Assessing, managing and prioritising own work flow
- Preparing initial drafts, amending and engrossing complex, lengthy documents
- Digital transcription, copy typing including documents, correspondence, emails, minutes, presentations, tenders
- Reformatting into house style
- Preparing document comparisons using bespoke packages
- Proof reading
- Working from an inbox system
This is a busy and challenging role and to be successful your background will probably include:
- Experience in a similar role, such as a Document Assistant/Specialist or Legal Secretary
- Experience of working with complex documents on various IT packages
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and good experience of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
In additional, the role requires someone who:
- Has excellent presentational and attention to detail skills
- Provides outstanding client service at all times
- Has excellent planning and organisational skills
- Remains calm under pressure
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Has the ability to work as part of a team and with minimum supervision on own initiative, without assistance, and establishes good working relationships at all levels
- Is flexible and willing to work additional hours, on occasion
- Ensure you understand any instructions in relation to the documents and the timescales required for completion and ask for clarification if you are unsure.
- Take responsibility, and pride in, creating, amending and completing documents that are assigned to you.
- Apply your skills to documents to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Compile documents in accordance with the firm’s house style and ensure these a quality assured.
- Liaise with lawyers and Executive Assistants as appropriate with regard to any queries you may have on documents and manage their expectations with regard to the outcome of the documents and the time frames involved.
- Become known for high quality and quick turnaround document production that will encourage more referrals of work to you.
- Make recommendations to improve practices and procedures within your area of the Executive Support Services team to improve client service.
- Work within, and adhere to, all of the firm’s policies, procedures and processes including adherence to client service standards (“CSS”).
- Take responsibility for your own personal development including developing your skills in relation to the packages you use and also your wider knowledge of your team, National Service Line and also the wider business.
- The firm is committed to innovation in all areas. Within your role, consider and put forward better and new ways of working.
- Act as a mentor/coach to develop the skills of others.
- Take time to read firm wide communications and support new initiatives.
- Work in a calm, logical and measured manner that will instil confidence in others.
- Actively help others and be flexible/willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is completed on time.
- Take responsibility for planning and organising your workload appropriately, using all available systems and resources to be time efficient and cost effective.
- Seek out and take on ad-hoc tasks and responsibilities.
- Proactively takes steps to improve efficiency and reduce pressure on others.
- Become an expert/super user on the firm’s house style and a point of contact for others.
- Ensure outstanding attention to detail in all your communications and in the work you produce.
- Ensure you have outstanding knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software and hardware.
- Use plain English in all your communications and ensure information is presented in a clear, logical and structured way.
- Comply with the firm’s anti-money laundering procedures.
Please note that, if we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.