Estates Officer – Building.
- Belfast, County Antrim
Estates Officer – Building
- Belfast, County Antrim
September 5, 2023
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Estates Officer – Band 6 will provide essential support to the Facilities Manager in various building, mechanical, and electrical operational maintenance services across the NIAS Trust’s Estate. The role’s primary goal is to contribute to the maintenance of a functional and compliant estate, aligning with relevant legislation and regulations, and to facilitate the efficient delivery of the NIAS Estate function. This role will play a crucial part as an integral member of the Estates team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Provide support to the Facilities Manager in managing Estates Maintenance Contracts/Contractors, ensuring effective delivery of an Estate/Facilities management service that ensures a safe and purposeful estate aligned with operational needs.
- Collaborate with managers and contractors to ensure compliance with relevant statutory obligations, including health and safety and environmental legislation, during the execution of effective estates management service.
- Proactively assist in the delivery of various maintenance projects, including major and minor works, reactive, remedial, and planned maintenance programs, following cost-effective, structured, and timely approaches.
- Ensure compliance with financial and procurement rules, maintaining good governance in the estates budget and contractor management.
- Contribute to NIAS’s fulfillment of statutory and regulatory requirements, including planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance programs for addressing estate issues.
- Liaise with suppliers and service providers to ensure compliance with facilities-related service level agreements and maintenance contracts.
- Lead communications, planning, and coordination of Estates Maintenance Contracts/Contractors to deliver a safe and functional estate in alignment with operational needs.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and environmental regulations while executing estates management services in collaboration with managers and contractors.
- Support major and minor works projects, reactive, remedial, and planned maintenance programs, adhering to cost-effective, structured, and timely approaches.
- Maintain financial compliance and good governance in the estates budget and contractor management.
- Contribute to NIAS’s fulfillment of statutory and regulatory requirements for planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance programs addressing estate concerns.
- Foster effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, including Heads of departments, Area Managers, Station Officers, Supervisors, and other line managers.
- Establish collaborative relationships with external partners like the Department of Health, Health Estates, BSO PaLS, Building Control, Planning, Legal Services, Land & Property Services, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess an HNC level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Energy and Building Services Engineering, Facilities Management, Surveying, or Construction in the Built Environment.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within the Construction Industry or Facilities/Estates management role.
- Demonstrable experience in effectively managing and delivering solutions for at least 2 of the following 3 areas: Building, Surveying, and Maintenance; Mechanical Engineering Services; Electrical Engineering Services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational ability, including working under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- Possess a qualification in Health and Safety, such as the NEBOSH Certificate.
- Experience working within the Health Sector, local government, or wider public sector.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of CAD architectural drawing software.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of CAFM software.
Possess a full, current UK driving license and have access to transportation to fulfill job requirements.