- £35000 - £45000.00 per annum
- £35000 - £45000.00 per annum
January 17, 2023
We are working with a client based in central Bristol who are looking for a permanent Corporate Finance Accountant to join their team! You will need to be fully qualified.
£35,000 – £45,000 per annum based on experience.
Daytime, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To work as a key supporting member of the Corporate Finance team in provision of lead advisory, transaction support, valuations or other ad-hoc advisory services.
You will gain experience in Corporate Finance advisory services through assisting on transaction and experiencing the details of the advice being provided.
You are responsible for ensuring that their clients receive the best possible client experience and will utilise and further develop your skills to harness a culture where the team and clients continually thrive.
- Assisting the Corporate Finance Team with ad-hoc tasks with large projects.
- Preparing spreadsheet analysis for business valuations, undertaking guided analysis work for due diligence assignments and ad-hoc assistance in relation to other advisory services including assisting with research work for lead advisory assignments.
- Look, listen and ask questions in relation to transactions on which you are assisting in order to gain an understanding of the mechanics of transactions and the rationale for the actions taken.
- Demonstrate commitment to the team’s success in delivering projects and transactions.
- Develop a flexible approach to working time, location, and team roles in the interest of getting the job done.
- Build on technical training to provide specific and accurate responses to queries raised by colleagues or clients.
- Seek involvement in projects to develop internal processes.
- Consistently demonstrating going the extra mile for clients to exceed their client service expectations.
- Maintain your technical knowledge through CPD.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Good personal motivation, organisational skills, and the ability to manage your own
- Flexibility and approachability under pressure.
- You must be proactive, tenacious, and always show initiative.
- Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly, and effectively at all levels including
ensuring the partner is aware of any client issues.
- The ability to work closely with other members of the team and management team.
- A learning mind-set with the ability to receive feedback to implement corrective advice ensuring achievement of key objectives and service delivery to clients.
- A high level of professionalism to deliver client service excellence.
- The ability to build excellent relationships with all colleagues through role model behaviour in line with the Firm’s culture and strategic objectives.
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines when required.
- Effective delegation and time management.
- To understand when it is necessary to escalate either technical or client experience issues to the partner or support specialists.
Key Knowledge & Behaviours
- Planning and organisation.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent client service.
- Familiarity with the Harbourside IT systems.
- Familiarity and an understanding of the relevant statutory compliance issues affecting the Firm including, GDPR, Money Laundering and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Professional, personable, presentable, and punctual.
- Full driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car.
- Organised, accurate, and able to plan the use of time efficiently.
- Working toward ACA/ACCA or newly qualified.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential.
- 1 years’ experience in General Practice
Apply now for immediate consideration and one of our team will be in touch!
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.