Gardener – Newtownards.
Gardener – Newtownards
May 17, 2023
Movilla Cemetery, Newtownards
Hours of work – Monday – Thursday 8am – 4pm and Friday 8am – 2.30pm, occasional weekend work may be required.
Salary – £11.31 per hour + holiday pay weekly pay.
MAIN DUTIES/PURPOSE OF POST
Undertake grounds maintenance works as required including pedestrian grass cutting, ride-on mowing, hedge cutting, general parks cleansing including litter collection, sharps cleansing collection of leaves, pruning, chemical safe storage calibration, recording and weed control, fertilising, planting, maintenance of bedding schemes, grass areas, fine turf, playgrounds including inspections and other horticultural features.
Applicants must have a full uk driving license
Benefits of working for a local council
Benefits from day 1:
- Agency Workers up to PO2 appointed under the agency tender with Premiere People, will be paid Pay Parity from Day 1 (i.e. the agency will pay the same hourly rate of pay as a directly comparable Council employee (first point on the salary scale)
- Agency workers will receive increments at the same time as directly comparable Council employees
- 36 hour working week (for full time workers)
- Plain time is paid for all hours worked up to 36 hours per week (Monday to Sunday). Hours worked over 36 per week and all hours worked on Bank and Public holidays will be paid at Agency rate plus a third
Benefits from week 13 onwards:
- Applying for internally advertised vacancies
- Corporate reduced gym membership
- Council rates of overtime
- Council annual leave entitlement – 34 days per annum for full time workers (includes Public Holidays)
- Flexi may be applicable to certain posts
- Some agency workers may be able to claim for mileage expenses if they use their own vehicle to carry out the duties of the post (mileage will not be payable for travel to and from places of work)
Apply for this job.
Latest jobs .
Customer Service Advisor – EdinburghView & Apply
Accounts AssistantView & Apply
Cleaner – NightsView & Apply