- Bootle, Merseyside
- Up to £32000.00 per annum
- Bootle, Merseyside
- Up to £32000.00 per annum
September 7, 2023
The Recruitment co are currently recruiting on behalf of our client based in Liverpool for an experienced HR adviser.
Salary – up to £32K DOE
Summary of Duties:
The roles are based at our Liverpool site reporting to the Group HR Manager to help and support line managers with employee issues on a day to day basis. The post holder will help our organisation run smoothly by ensuring that all company processes are compliant with employment regulations and that all personnel act in line with company policies. A large part of the job involves supporting current staff by dealing with any employee grievances or conflicts.
The post holder must have proven experience in HR and be able to effectively communicate and actively listen with all levels of the organisation.
- Support the Group HR Manager to deliver people-related processes, vision and strategy across the company,
aligned with the law.
- Coordinate and support the recruitment process
- Onboard newcomers to the company and perform staff inductions
- Provide the necessary support systems for payroll requirements
- Assist with the performance management and review process
- Maintain systems to keep employee records updated in line with GDPR
- Maintain awareness of employment law
- Participation in disciplinary, grievance, conciliation and mediation meetings, ensuring that investigations and
any actions, disciplinary or otherwise, are properly conducted, documented and recorded
- Support the site management teams with day to day HR issues
- Support other colleagues within the business to resolve challenging issues related to the employment and dismissal of staff.
- Support the company’s employees with challenges that relate to their welfare and employment with thebusiness
- Deliver the occupational health programme at each site
- Oversee the holiday administration
- Overseeing staff attendance and absence monitoring.
- Providing detailed HR reports to senior management teams.
- Ensure training is up to date in line with Learning and Development
- Administer all employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter packs, or formal notices of termination
- Administer financial elements such as payroll, compensation and benefits, and pension schemes as required.
- Working closely with the Group HR Manager and the HR department to ensure consistency and application of all
HR policies and procedures.
- Attendance at and travel to all Company sites as required
- To carry out any additional duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time
- Compliance with Company policies, procedures and quality standards as defined on the Integrated Management
System (IMS) and the post holder’s terms and conditions of employment
- Experience: Experienced and accomplished HR professional with at least 3 years’ experience in this role and a CIPD professional qualification.
- Drive Results: Highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated with a can-do attitude and the drive and commitment to consistently deliver challenging targets.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Group HR Manager and the HR department to build partnerships across the business to meet shared business goals.
- Mentor / Coach: You must be comfortable in offering advice across the business to both your peers and junior employees and have well developed people management skills. You should be motivated to support the
development and performance of others.
- Communication skills – Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to listen and effectively verbalise ideas. Able to listen attentively and respond clearly showing empathy and understanding in dealing with others, both in face to face conversations and on the telephone
- Team Player -. A confident, dynamic and supportive team player. At all times remain supportive to the whole team and display a positive outlook.
- Honest & Trustworthy – Strong sense of ethical and professional behaviour ensuring confidentiality and ethical standards
- General skills – you need to be able to oversee and perform all HR administrative duties required in the HR department in line with employment law and company policies and procedures.
- Excellent people skills
- The ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and other business contacts
- Handle highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure using own initiative, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Clear effective communicator; in person, in writing and on the telephone
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in Human Resources or related fields.
- Professional membership of CIPD
- Proven working experience as a HR professional with at least 3 years’ experience
- A people-oriented and results-driven individual
- Being a good communicator and being an active listener while having the ability to negotiate and present skills
- Being competent at building and managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.
- A working knowledge of employment law and human resource management practices
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- IT Literate with the ability to use a range of packages applicable to the role
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety rules and regulations, Environmental and Quality Standards,
Learning and Development
- Experience of working in a similar industry/environment
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.