- Plymouth, Devon
- Plymouth, Devon
May 15, 2023
Role: Imports Assistant
Position: Permanent, Full-time
Head Office in Plymouth.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 08:AM – 17:30pm. Flexible and Hybrid working
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Salary – Competitive (DOE)
Temporary to Permanent Basis, Pension, Long service awards ,Employee discount, Cycle to work scheme.
Flexible and Hybrid working
*** Looking to start ASAP, our client will interview within 24 to 48 hours of CV submission ***
We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK fastest growing privately owned companies.have grown enormously since its inception in 1989. Our client now has over 200 stores nationwide.Our client puts the people at the heart of our retail concept, and they want to invest in their staff and make the future extraordinary. As a result of this our client has expansion plans and continued ongoing success. They are seeking a dynamic Imports Assistant to be based at our
About the Role:
- This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to experience multiple areas of international trade.
- Department will be handling in excess of 20,000 TEU containers a year and offers a challenging and varied working environment.
- There are opportunities for future progression for those individuals who demonstrate they have the drive, skill and ability.
- The Import department is a challenging environment, having to work within tight procedures and deadlines, as well as managing many external pressures at the same time.
- The role will suit someone who enjoys a challenge, likes problem solving and who works best when under pressure.
- Registering/performing import checks of new container orders
- Processing shipping documents
- Checking and raising international payments
- Customs entry preparation entry file release
- Expediting shipments, shipping documents and container releases with suppliers
- Ensuring accurate preparation and distribution of department reports
- Investigating and resolving shipment issues (loading / price / cube)
- Data entry – Updating/monitoring of data onto our bespoke intranet-based system
- Raising & resolving claims with suppliers (UK & International)
- Customs Entries & Tariff compliance checks
- Invoice checks, entries and queries
- Brexit transactions – EU & Ireland clearance – process & compliance checks
- General Admin & correspondence within the import dept
- Experience of International logistics is an advantage – training will be provided.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency of work
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to prioritise own workload
- The ability to communicate effectively with stake-holders
- The ability to work calmly when under pressure, Fast learner, able to multi-task
- Confident with IT systems, particular Microsoft 365 (office), online platforms and intermediate level Excel – must be confident in use and quick learner (excel test may be requested prior to interview)
If you’re up for the challenge and interred in this role please submit your CV to me, I will call you.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for this job.
Latest jobs .
Senior Group Health Safety and AdvisorView & Apply
Senior Catering SupervisorView & Apply
Catering AssistantView & Apply