Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
- Whitefield, Greater Manchester
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Whitefield, Greater Manchester
March 3, 2023
Are you a maintenance engineer? Are you looking for a permanent role? Are you based in Manchester? Please read on…
Our clients vision is to be the leading specialty bakery group in the UK and they want the best people in place to achieve this. Their continued success is built entirely on the talented people who work there, so employee development is important to them because everyone is a valued member of the team, and they want every individual to have the skills and capabilities to achieve both your own personal goals and their business goals. They want good people to join their company, to help them to continue to go from strength to strength. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Purpose of the Role
To carry out planned maintenance work and repairs to production plant, equipment and buildings, to ensure safety and reliability of the production process.
What you get in return
This role is working on a 12 hour 4 on 4 off shift pattern consisting of 2 days and 2 nights – this could be 6-6 or 7-7.
The salary is £44,501.88 per annum
Free Employee Assistance Programme (open to colleagues and their families)
Employee Recognition Awards
Learning and development opportunities
Refer a Friend Scheme
Death in service benefit
Occupational Health Services
Some of the Role Key Accountabilities (including but not limited to) are:
- Continuous development of knowledge and familiarity with the engineering requirements of the bakery process systems and machinery
- To work as an active part of a skilled cross functional planned maintenance team
- To ensure correct Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
- To ensure a fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions
- To quickly diagnose faults and take corrective action
- To assist an support mechanical engineers with their duties
- To actively participate in a Continuous Improvement culture throughout the site, constantly identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce waste.
- To assist in the training of fellow maintenance engineers, Operator-Technicians and others where necessary
- To ensure planned maintenance work is completed to strict schedules, and constantly look for improvements that will ensure reliability of equipment is improved
- To ensure good working practices are adhered to throughout
- To work on various projects including installation and modifications to plant and equipment.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication skills
- A thorough and detailed approach to maintenance work
- You must be able to work as part of a team
- You must be both literate and numerate
- Knowledge of plant maintenance work and systems.
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications/experience.
- IPAF trained
- 18th Edition Certificate
- PLC Programming Capabilities
- FMCG Experience
You will be working with attention to detail with excellent timekeeping, attendance and flexibility.
The Recruitment Co are an equal opportunities employer
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for this job.
Latest jobs .
German Speaking Travel ConsultantView & Apply
Production AdministratorView & Apply
Engineering Support ManagerView & Apply