Park Ranger/ Tour Guide.
- £11.66 per hour
Park Ranger/ Tour Guide
- £11.66 per hour
March 14, 2023
Our client, based in Downpatrick is looking for an Park Ranger/ Tour Guide to join their team.
Duration: End March 2023 with possibility of extension
Rate of pay: £11.66 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Start Date: ASAP
Main Duties Include:
1. Site Presentation:
Duties related to the work of HED including:
• Outdoor maintenance including grass cutting, hedge trimming and fencing.
• Cleaning and minor maintenance of buildings.
• Ensuring site furniture / signage is well presented (installation, inspection and routine maintenance).
• Maintain the general upkeep and presentation of Departmental vehicles, plant and machinery.
• Litter / dog foul collection and bin emptying.
• Conducting visitor surveys including completion of questionnaires.
• Animal and plant control.
• Operating specialist equipment / machinery (for which training will be provided).
• Operating a range of tools and equipment, which may include hand tools, minor plant, machinery, and vehicles following the delivery of required training.
• Driving Departmental vehicles.
• Upkeep of and collection of data from visitor number counters.
2. Visitor Services
• Escorting / supervising groups
• Assisting with the preparation, organisation and running of events.
• Assisting with the preparation and setting up of
• displays/exhibitions, enhanced experiences and interpretative materials.
• Helping the public, answering questions and making visitors feel welcome.
• Assisting the facilitation of externally run events and usage of sites.
3. Health and Safety
Compliance with Health and Safety requirements including:
• Lone working policy and procedures.
• Highlighting any issues at sites.
• Carrying out site inspections.
• Responding to and remedying issues identified in Health and Safety audits / inspections.
• Assisting with carrying out risk assessments and fire evacuation drills.
• Following up any issues arising.
• Maintaining records accurately.
• Timely and accurate recording of all accidents and ‘near miss’ incidents.
• Awareness of the correct response to an emergency situation.
4. Other Duties
• Providing cover for designated State Care sites, and assisting with their operational running (may occasionally include evening and weekend work.)
• Opening, closing and checking the security of sites and car parks. Setting alarms where appropriate.
• Patrolling sites / buildings and encouraging responsible behaviour by the public.
• Operating audio visual, IT and camera equipment.
• Use of NI Civil Service IT systems.
• Maintaining and recording site information, such as complaints, visitor numbers and patrol reports.
• Supporting the establishment of and maintaining good working relationships with local landowners, local councils and local community groups and the general public.
• Providing a high quality service to all customers.
• Completing personal timesheets and vehicle log sheets and other returns as may be required.
Experience in relation to the points above would be an advantage, Driving License is essential for position.
**Please note that successful applicants will be required to complete an AccessNI check**
To apply please send your CV via the link or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job.
Latest jobs in Industrial .
Support Services Assistant. KnockbrackenView & Apply
Estate Ranger x2View & Apply
North & West Belfast Domestic Assistants £10.37View & Apply