Recycling Attendant – Holywood.
Recycling Attendant – Holywood
August 30, 2023
Recycling Attendant required in Holywood HRC
Hours of work:
Wednesday 08:00-17:00, Friday 08:00-17:00, Saturday 0800-17:00 & Sunday 10:00-16:00 = 33hrs a week
Pay rate: £11.73 per hour + holidays
The post holder will be primarily based at one of the Councils 9 Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) but may be required to work at any of the other HRCs on occasion to meet the needs of the service. The post holder will be responsible to the HRC Supervisor for the day-to-day operation of the Council’s HRCs. To undertake all duties associated with the operation of the Household Recycling Centre/Amenity Site to ensure that all domestic and commercial waste is disposed of in accordance with the Council’s policy for recycling whilst providing the highest level of customer care at all times. The Household Recycling Centres are licensed Waste Management facilities and must operate in accordance with licensing conditions stipulated by DAERA (NIEA) including being manned at all times whilst open. The post holder will be required to work unsupervised and must demonstrate good customer care with site users. The postholder is required as key-holder to open and close the site.
Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
Ability to work on his/her own (If on a single worker site)
Benefits from day 1:
- Agency Workers up to PO2 appointed under the agency tender with The Recruitment Co, will be paid Pay Parity from Day 1 (i.e. the agency will pay the same hourly rate of pay as a directly comparable Council employee (first point on the salary scale)
- Agency workers will receive increments at the same time as directly comparable Council employees
- 36 hour working week (for full time workers)
- Plain time is paid for all hours worked up to 36 hours per week (Monday to Sunday). Hours worked over 36 per week and all hours worked on Bank and Public holidays will be paid at Agency rate plus a third
Benefits from week 13 onwards:
- Applying for internally advertised vacancies
- Corporate reduced gym membership
- Council rates of overtime
- Council annual leave entitlement – 34 days per annum for full time workers (includes Public Holidays
- Some agency workers may be able to claim for mileage expenses if they use their own vehicle to carry out the duties of the post (mileage will not be payable for travel to and from places of work
For further information, please contact email@example.com or give Olivia a call on 02892668330.