Registered Services Manager.
- £32000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
Registered Services Manager
- £32000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
January 10, 2023
My Client is seeking a caring, dynamic and highly motivated Manager to join the team as a Registered Services Manager in our Oxfordshire & Berkshire Supported Living Services.
You must be an accomplished practitioner with management skills and have experience and knowledge of working within the social care sector in support of people with learning disabilities and mental health needs.
The Registered Services Manager will lead the operational management of our Supported Living Services in Oxfordshire and Berkshire. These services have been developed to meet the needs of people who have learning disabilities and/or autism and other needs, including mental health needs, and physical disabilities and are based over 6 Sites in Oxford, & Berkshire.
Your role will be to grow new services and support current services in both areas.
As the Registered Services Manager, you will ensure that services are of the highest quality, and meet all CQC standards and contract requirements. You will demonstrate this through co-ordinating comprehensive quality and contract monitoring processes. You will ensure that the care and support delivered are truly personalised and provided in accordance with agreed care plans, enabling service users to enjoy well-being, and quality of life and develop community connections.
You will promote and reinforce a culture of responsive, person-centred practice and active support across the service, with relationships based on respect and unconditional positive regard. The role is office based and you will travel to site as required.
Working hours are flexible according to the department’s needs and you will be required to be part of the on-call service. About the role:
- Recruitment and selection of staff matched to the needs of service users
- Management and support of a team of senior staff, including supervision of NVQ training
- Deployment of staff to meet the needs of service users
- Ensuring continuous, reliable and consistent service delivery at all times
- Maximising positive outcomes for all service users through Individual Support Plans and Person Centred Plans
- Performance management
- Safeguarding lead
- Auditing and Quality Assurance
- Compliance with CQC & commissioner expectations and standards
- Contract management
- Managing Voids and Occupancy
- Managing Referrals through the Portal
- Managing Relationships with Housing Providers
- Managing Relationships with multiple Commissioners
- Providing excellent customer care to all stakeholders
- Registration with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as the Registered and Accountable Manager the supported living services with accountability for the overall quality of the service and to ensure that it complies with the required quality standards and requirements of the business, CQC and the service commissioners.
- All employees will be required to undertake and complete the Level 2 and/or Level 3 Health and
Social Care Diploma, as a condition of their employment if you already hold NVQ 2 health and social
care or equivalent qualification you will not need to do the award again, but we may support you to
undertake a level 3 or other relevant qualification at our cost.
- Ability to articulate and communicate a progressive vision for the delivery of services.
- Familiarity with current government policy and accepted good practice in the provision of supported living services.
- Understanding of the person-centred aims and principles of Creative Support and the ability to put these into practice.
- Ability to use a range of helpful communication approaches (e.g. Makaton, PECS, TEACCH).
- At least two years experience in staff supervision and management.
- Significant experience in supporting people with learning disabilities and other needs.
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g., RNLD, DipSW, BASW, NVQ IV).
- Degree-level academic qualifications /management qualifications.
- Car driver
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or to have had the first vaccination prior to starting employment and to be committed to having the second within 3 months.
- Successfully pass DBS enhanced disclosure and ISA checks.
- All employees should be aware that due to the nature of work, there is a requirement to support service users with daily living skills and individual activities which will include moving and handling and may involve supporting people with personal care needs
What the role offers:
- Annual salary of £31,000 – £34,925
- £100 bonus (subject to tax) upon successful completion of 6-month probationary period
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Access to discounted annual rail season ticket plans
- Paid paternity leave
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Compassionate leave
- Carer’s leave up to 5 days per annum
- Life assurance cover
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.