Senior Ops Manager.
- £53000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Senior Ops Manager
- £53000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
January 24, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Extra Care Services across Tower Hamlets and Wandsworth
Pay Structure: £53,000 to £55,000 per annum, depending on experience, current salary and qualifications.
Hours of Work: Full time (based on a nominal 37.5 hours per week) or part-time subject to a minimum of 30 hours per week. Working hours may include weekends, evenings and public holidays according to the needs of the service. The post holder will be required to participate in an on-call rota for which an allowance will be paid.
Location: The successful applicant will be based in Tower Hamlets and Wandsworth. It is expected that a full time post-holder will spend 3-4 days in Tower Hamlets and 1-2 days in Wandsworth. It will be helpful if the applicant lives in Tower Hamlets or within easy commuting distance.
Responsible to: Service Director
Summary of Role:
To be responsible for the overall leadership and operational management of 7 Extra Care Servicesin Wandsworth and Tower Hamlets for older people who have a range of needs, including physical disabilities and mental health needs, dementia and long term health conditions.
You are expected to collaborate positively with the housing providers, Care Managers, health professionals and otherstakeholders to deliver high quality services.
To lead, manage and supervise a team of 6 Registered Managers and other senior staff to provide the highest standard of care and support, ensuring that CQC care standards are met at all times and that service user outcomes are fully met.
To be responsible for the overall quality of service delivery and to ensure that the services are delivered in accordance with their respective contracts,the service specification, agreed quality standards and the expectations of the client, the Council and stakeholders.
You will put in place and oversee a QA system across your service portfolio to ensure that CQC care standards are met and that the highest level of customer service is provided. You will compile contract monitoring and quality assurance reports for our commissioners and attend contract monitoring meetings.
To work with partner housing providers to promote effective joint working, joined up approaches and a positive, inclusive atmosphere within the schemes.
To ensure that there is a vibrant and varied programme of social activities on-site and that connections are built with the wider community.
To ensure that the people we support receive individualised, person-centred care and support which enables them to enjoy a good quality of life.
To ensure that staff are deployed efficiently and effectively and that all service users receive planned care in accordance with their assessed needs and preferences and their care and support plans.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the people we support at all times, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, that medication is administered as prescribed and that all care provided is properly documented and regularly checked and reviewed
1. At least 4 years management experience, skills and knowledge gained in one of the following areas: Services for older people/people with dementia/memory loss/mental health needs/physical or learning disabilities, Residential day or community services for older people, Extra care or home care services for older people, Prevention and re-enablement services for older people
2. Experience of carrying out the role of Registered Manager Application &;
3. Experience of leading, managing and supervising staff and the
delivery of care and support
4. Experience of managing contracts and budgets
5. Knowledge of CQC standards and requirements
6. Experience of carrying out quality audits and managing a QA system Application
7. A relevant professional qualification (e.g. Diploma in Social Work, RMN/RGN, NVQ 4/5, RMA)
8. Degree level or equivalent academic qualification
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
10. A warm and person centred approach to working with older people and the to provide respectful personal care and support
11. Ability to lead, manage & supervise senior staff assertively to ensure effective team working, high standards of practice and positive outcomes for service users
12. Ability to work positively and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, to sustain productive partnerships and to gain the confidence of service users, their families and professionals.
13. Ability to assess needs and risks and to devise and implement outcome focused care; support plans
14. Ability to produce high quality written reports and data within deadlines
15. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise & manage a busy workload, solve problems and make decisions under pressure
16. Personal resilience and ability to manage competing priorities
17. Ability to work positively and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, to sustain productive partnerships and to gain the confidence of service users, their families and professionals.
18. Applicants must enjoy good health and be able to reliably carry out the responsibilities of the post.
19. Excellent work ethic with the willingness to work flexibly and responsively to meet the needs of the organisation.
20. Car driver with use of a vehicle (not essential as all services can be
accessed by public transport)
Role benefits / Specifics:
DBS Checks: Employment will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks and ISA checks.
Holidays: Six weeks plus eight statutory days.
Probationary Period 4 months
Discretionary company sick pay benefit scheme
Employee Counselling Service:
Staff Benefits Scheme:
We expect all applicants for relief roles to have had both Covid 19 vaccinations prior to starting employment with us.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.