June 20, 2022
We are recruiting a Switchboard Administrator to join our client in Newry
- 30 hours per week
- £9.50 – £17.37 per hour depending on the shift worked
- Mixture of shifts – mornings, days, evenings
- Operating of the switchboard including the making and receiving of telephone calls.
- Ensuring that procedures laid down for telephonists are correctly carried out.
- Manning the main hospital Reception desk.
- Operation of the Patient Information Service computer terminal.
- Providing an information service to the general public and staff.
- Providing assistance with car parking tickets, validation and operation of computerised system for car parking tickets.
- Ensuring that any alarm system connected to the switchboard is responded to correctly (e.g. fire alarms, boiler house, etc.)
- Reporting faults with regard to the switchboard, internal call system and any alarm systems located in the switchboard room.
- Maintaining such records as may be required to enable an adequate service to be provided (e.g. location of staff who are “on-call”, index of in-patients)..
- Ability to use initiative and cope with emergencies & difficult situation in a calm manner
- A professional, pleasant & friendly manner in dealing with staff and the general public.