- £35000.00 - £40000 per annum
- £35000.00 - £40000 per annum
May 2, 2023
We are looking for a senior technical buyer for a manufacturing client based in Bristol.
The role of Senior Technical Buyer is to ensure effective purchasing and continuously improve the organisation’s purchasing operations. The Senior Technical Buyer will bring experience of managing electro-mechanical and other supply chains. They will be a team player, working closely with the R&D and operations teams to ensure manufacturing schedules are achieved and introduce new products smoothly into production. The Senior Technical Buyer provides support to other areas of the business when required.
SALARY: Between £35,000 and £40,000 per annum, plus a 3% annual bonus.
SHIFT: Full-time, Monday to Friday, daytime hours.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective purchase of materials, components, and other items to ensure the production and other operations of the business operate effectively. This includes supporting and expediting internal departments to ensure those purchases arrive in the hands of users when needed
- Proactive activities such as supplier approvals, assessing risk, evaluating supplier performance and scoping and implementation of supplier contracts. Work closely with R&D early in the design process to support product development, introducing new items and suppliers
- Taking responsibility for developing procedures and processes within the purchasing department (ISO9001)
- Identifying and understanding quality and cost drivers at the early stages of supplier selection, to deliver cost reduction opportunities, whilst negotiating terms and conditions to achieve best price and quality
- Expedite supply to ensure timely delivery
- Ensure inventory is appropriately controlled and minimise obsolescence
- Development of robust, sustainable and regulatory compliant new supply chains for new and existing products
- Liaise with the Quality department and suppliers to support the resolution of quality-related issues
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of managing and developing relationships with suppliers
- Technical understanding of a range of materials, mechanical and electronic components, and PCBs/assemblies
- Experience in finding and setting up new suppliers and ensuring excellent performance
- Skilled in using MRP systems and Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Preferably degree/CIPS qualified
- Experience in developing and improving purchasing/business systems
- Commercially astute with experience of negotiating terms of supply
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both internally and with external suppliers and contractors
- Highly organised with strong analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
In return they offer a competitive salary and a performance-related bonus based on personal objectives that pays up to 5% of your salary annually, study support and the chance to progress in a growing company.
They have recently introduced a new flexible working policy; it currently allows employees to work from home one day a week (if work can be done from home) and also to work longer hours during the week and finish early on a Friday.
Other benefits include a salary sacrifice pension scheme where the company matches your contribution up to 5% plus Employer NI savings – currently 13.8% of your contribution (this also applies to voluntary contributions), a non-contributory healthcare cash plan including access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), life insurance paying 4x your salary, access to a virtual GP, 25 days holiday and a cycle to work scheme.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for this job.
Latest jobs .
Customer Service Advisor – EdinburghView & Apply
Accounts AssistantView & Apply
Cleaner – NightsView & Apply