Transformation Officer – Bangor.
Transformation Officer – Bangor
August 30, 2023
£19.39 per hour
Full time – 36 hours per week
9-12 month post initially
We are recruiting a Transformation Officer on behalf of our client Ards & North Down Borough Council. The main purpose of this role is to support the Transformation Manager in the delivery of a range of concurrent, complex, and multi-faceted transformation projects. Liaising with internal and external colleagues, the Transformation Officer will be responsible for delivering opportunities for significant change, which aim to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service delivery of Council services.
1. Support the Transformation Manager in project managing a wide range of internal stakeholders to deliver transformation projects and programmes for the Council.
2. Promote best practice in project management across the Council and contribute to the development and promotion of a consistent and effective project management approach across the organisation.
3. Provide a professional and quality driven Transformation support service for all Directorates within the Council.
4. Develop programme and project delivery plans, ensuring the co- ordination of all appropriate service, HR, financial, legal, procurement and technical inputs.
5. Assist in the delivery of projects within budget and ensure regular budget reports are provided in line with Council procedures.
6. Support and deliver change within and across the Council to deliver identified strategic outcomes.
7. Preparing routine and bespoke reports as required for senior management, elected members and other stakeholders.
8. Monitoring and evaluating the impact of the transformation to ensure that they are delivering the expected benefits.
9. Collaborative working with colleagues across local government and beyond.
10. To comply with and promote equality, health, and safety in accordance with Council Policies and legal requirements.
11. To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
3 years relevant experience as outlined below.
A recognised project management qualification such as PRINCE2
2 years’ relevant experience to include each of the following:
· Assisting and co-ordinating project delivery across various stages of the project life cycle.
· Assisting and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams and internal/ external stakeholders.
· Assisting with the development of programme and project delivery plans, ensuring the co-ordination of all appropriate.
Full clean UK Driving Licence required.