4x Agriculture Inspectors ( Larne area ).
4x Agriculture Inspectors ( Larne area )
September 19, 2023
Our client, A Large public sector organisation, based in the Larne area is looking for 4 Agriculture Inspectors to join their team.
Duration: Initially expected to last for 6 months with an option to extend
Rate of pay: £16.57
Weekend pay rate for Sat is £23.45 and Sun £30.33
Hours: 37 hours per week. This will be worked as part of a shift arrangement which will include regular weekend and night duty. It is expected that the four-week shift pattern will provide coverage for 3 shifts of 8.24 hours duration every 24 hours i.e. early, late and overnight shift as follows. This includes a one hour in work rest/meal break. Staff cover 6 nights during the night shift week.
An example of working times is as follows:
Early Shift: 06:00 – 14:24
Late Shift: 14:00 – 22:24
Night Shift: 22.00 – 06.24
Shift patterns may be subject to change, determined by business needs.
Main Duties Include:
The purpose of the post is to provide support to veterinary staff who carry out sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) on eligible goods entering Northern Ireland (NI) Points of Entry i.e. NI sea and airports with effect from 1st January 2021.
The Inspector Group 1 will work as part of a team which will monitor the import and export of livestock, animal products, poultry, plants and timber.
- Will ensure compliance with import and export regulations, complete checks to detect and prevent illegal movements and illegal import of products of animal origin.
- Will issue rectification and detention notices for non- compliances.
- Will assist with the investigation of animal import and export discrepancies. The Inspector Group 1 will complete inspections at Ports to prevent the entry of Epizootic disease.
Applicants must, by the closing date for applications have:
1. At least 4 GCSE/GCE “O” levels at Grade C or above in 4 subjects (including English and Mathematics) or equivalent*
2. A Level 3 Work-based Diploma in Agriculture.
(ii) A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Agriculture.
3. At least 3 months’ experience gained within the last 5 years of working with livestock.
4. A full valid UK driving licence continuously held for the last 3 years
“Livestock is defined as being agricultural animals, the main species being cattle, sheep, pigs, goats and poultry”.
* Example of equivalent qualification to English and Mathematics GCSE/GCE would be Essential Skills 2.
** Examples of equivalent qualifications is a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) at Level 3 in Livestock or Crop Production or a BTEC National Diploma in Agriculture or a College Diploma in Agriculture or an Advanced Diploma in
Agriculture or a National Certificate in Agriculture and a relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification
**Please note that successful applicants will be required to complete an AccessNI check**
To apply please send your CV via the link or email email@example.com