Admin Officer – Newry.
Admin Officer – Newry
September 20, 2023
We are currently recruiting for AO’s based in the Newry. The successful candidates will be required to start once the vetting paperwork, ANI clearance has been completed.
Start date: 25/09/2023
Duration: up to 52 weeks with possible extension
Rate of pay: £11.99
Hours of work: Full time 37 hours
The contracted hours are on a rota basis from 8am-8pm.
Duties will be as a Case Manager within the Newry Service Centre for Universal Credit. They will work as part of a multifunctional Case Management Team and will be responsible for helping claimants to create and maintain their digital account.
They will be proactive in ensuring that all actions and “To-Dos” required to maintain the claimant’s account, are completed promptly and accurately and they will manage cases through the lifespan of the claim. They will communicate with both claimants and colleagues to progress cases and resolve queries through all available channels. Telephony will be also be completed on a daily basis by Case Managers.
In delivering a quality service for claimants, they will take a “whole case” approach and be responsible for actively managing all appropriate action promptly on the claim with minimal handoffs. As the Universal Credit service is continually changing they will also contribute to the continuous improvement of UC by reviewing the service and processes and provide feedback on their own and claimants’ experience.
As automation of UC increases over time, the content of this job role may change.
Full attendance on a 17-day long training course will be required.
These roles are full-time. All training will be provided.
Full attendance is required for the first 8 weeks due to mandatory training and consolidation with no leave permitted.
Essential Criteria applicants must have:
- five GCSE/GCE passes (at A, B or C) with Maths and English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Account NI, UCFS and ELMS system
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills
( Proof of certs required )
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an administrative role
- Excellent IT skills, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to use own initiative.
Please send your CV via the link or to Jack.Knox@therecruitmentco.uk