Admin Officer – Newtownards.
- Please see job description
Admin Officer – Newtownards
- Please see job description
August 3, 2022
Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Newtownards are looking to recruit an Admin Officer to join their team.
Hourly Pay: £11.70
Start Date: ASAP
Length of Assignment: Until 30/12/2022 with possible extension (maternity cover)
Hours – 9am – 5pm (Monday-Friday)
Main Duties include:
1. Answering, processing or redirecting where necessary a range of telephone queries from internal and external customers/public, whilst responding appropriately, professional and specifically to
customer needs. Recording accurate messages, identifying and referring urgent messages as needed.
2. Receiving all visitors to office, responding appropriately to customer needs. Notifying appropriate member of staff in a timely manner. Providing hospitality ie tea/coffee as required.
3. Recording and processing incoming mail in a timely manner. Preparation of outgoing mail in a timely manner. Operation of postage imprest.
4. Typing of all required work which may include pre-sentence reports, management reports, routine letters/memos, Board papers, minutes, forms, e-mails etc. This may include preparation of presentations using Excel or PowerPoint.
5. Carry out general office duties; monitoring stock levels of stationery and office equipment (reporting any faults or requests for servicing) and processing of requisitions for the same in an efficient manner. Maintenance of cash books in line with organizational standards. Photocopying, filing and upkeep of office systems. Arranging appointments and maintaining diaries.
6. Maintaining, updating and creation of appropriate filing systems for total office needs, including confidential files. Checking, maintaining and updating records.
7. Inputting accurate computer/database records and maintenance of same.
8. Within guidelines set by the Board and/or manager operate data collection system(s) ensuring accurate update of records for provision of valid and reliable information. Conduct information gathering to ensure all queries are managed in a timely and comprehensive manner.
9. When required to undertake the Fire Warden role and carry out tasks as necessary, for example, fire alarm tests, fire drills, emergency lighting etc. When required to undertake the role of First Aid Appointed Person unless exceptional circumstances apply. (These duties may be added to or revised as necessary. Training is
provided for both roles).
10. Maintaining and updating professional knowledge by identification of own training and development needs, updating practice and attending relevant training courses, as agreed with line manager.
11. Any other duties commensurate with the grade and as required by the nature of the role. The nature and the balance of duties may vary between teams.
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
Essential Criteria include:
Applicants must have:
– Five GCSE/GCE passes (at A, B or C) / CSE Grade 1 passes one of which must be English (Language) or recognised equivalent or higher qualification;
– Two years’ comprehensive experience of using word processing gained within the last five years working in an office environment;
– Comprehensive experience of using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
To apply please send your CV via the link or email firstname.lastname@example.org