Admin Officer- Strabane.
- £11.99 Per Hour
Admin Officer- Strabane
- £11.99 Per Hour
September 20, 2023
- Admin Officer
Our client, A Large public sector organisation, based in Strabane is looking for an Admin Officer to join their team.
Duration: up to 51 weeks
Rate of pay: £11.99 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 9 to 5 – Monday to Friday, 37 Hours Per Week
Main Duties Include:
• Encourage and motivate claimants to become more digitally competent helping them to create and maintain their digital account independently.
• Encourage and challenge claimants, who can, to use the online channels.
• Make every claimant contact count to keep them moving forward and help them recognise how your impact will improve their labour market activity.
• Deal effectively with change by being clear on the vision for the business.
• Understand the entire end to end claimant journey and appreciate the impact on other areas.
• Be accountable for your own development by maximising the use of appropriate learning and development tools (including own digital capability).
• Build business relationships with colleagues to support smooth handoffs where these are necessary.
• Build constructive relationships with the External Delivery Partners. These include Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE).
• Work as part of a multifunctional administrative team which provides both back of office and front office support as necessary.
• Be the first point of contact for claimants who have queries whilst identifying non–standard claimants such as foreign nationals and arranging further assistance when required.
• Gather accurate information and ensure that claimants provide the necessary documentary evidence, and inform claimants where information is missing.
• Confirm claimants’ identity.
• Undertake interviews such as Claims Assessor interviews with claimants and update the appropriate system
• Ensure claimants are aware of their responsibility to report future changes.
• Assist the Work Coach to ensure claimants can manage their own job search activity.
• Assist claimants who require Finance Support.
• Take appropriate action in reporting and logging all incidents of unacceptable customer behaviour.
• Provide advice and guidance, explaining policies and procedures and actively eliciting information from potential claimants. At times this will involve dealing with difficult customer situations.
• Signpost the claimant to the relevant support.
Knowledge & Skills
• Plan and organise own work with the minimum of supervision.
• Demonstrate effective communication and customer service skills (including coaching skills).
• Demonstrate effective numeracy and literacy skills.
• Maintain the security and integrity of claimant information through appropriate use of IT, adherence with identity verification, Data Sharing processes and system security protocols.
• Prevent fraud and error by taking prompt action to make referrals to Fraud or Compliance colleagues.
• Adhere to mandatory Security and Validation (SAV) checks or the equivalent and process according to your role.
• Report any incident or situation where it is suspected security has or may have been compromised in accordance with Departmental guidance.
• Adhere to Health and Safety procedures, incident handling and Business Continuity arrangements.
• Follow Attendance Management policy and contribute to the target to reduce sick absence.
5 GCSEs including Maths & English graded A to C or level 2 equivalent
**Please note that successful applicants will be required to complete an AccessNI check**
To apply please send your CV via the link or email email@example.com