September 7, 2023
Our client, based in Belfast is looking for an Conservator to join their team
– Interventive Conservator for digitisation project support.
– Carry out surveys on material in advance of digitisation. Clean and rehouse material in appropriate enclosures.
– Provide conservation support and guidance to the digitisation team regarding the imaging of collections.
– Research, document and complete interventive treatment on historic collections at the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland under the supervision of the Head of Conservation, to stabilise records for digitisation.
– The post will involve some infrequent travel to London and Dublin. Overnight stays may be required, but associated travel costs will be met.
– £15.21ph (weekly)
– 5 GCSEs including Maths and English (Certificate Proof)
– 2 alevels in any subject (certificate proof)
– MA in a practical conservation course or equivalent workplace training.
– Demonstrable experience of evaluating conservation damage and risks. Successful completion of treatments and documentation according to ICON Professional Standards or ICRI Code of Conduct on paper based collections or books.
– Understanding of preventive conservation and passive measures to lower the rate of deterioration.
– Experience of working with large archive collections.
– Experience of providing conservation support to a digitisation project within a library or archive environment.
– Experience of working within tight timescales and meeting deadlines.
– PRONI BELFAST
– Start Date:
Duration of Placement:
– 12 months
– Mon to Fri 9-5
Hours per Week:
To apply please send your CV via the link or email Isaac.Jones@therecruitmentco.uk