September 18, 2023
Job Title: Credit Controller
Location: Cardiff (Bay) – Hybrid
Salary: flexible depending on experience
Hours: Full time 12 month fixed term contract but theres a high chance of extending. Monday – Friday 9-5 working 3 days in the office and 2 from home
Here at the Recruitment Co we are currently recruiting a Credit Controller to work for a client of ours based in Cardiff Bay. This is a hybrid role where you work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
You don’t need any previous experience but you do need some previous customer service/admin experience.
Main Job roles:
- Recoveries (insured clients) & Collections (uninsured clients) Responsible for the recovery of monies owed to clients in respect of credit-insured transactions, bonds and of uninsured debts placed for collections.
- Activities include direct debt chasing as well as liaison with 3rd party debt collectors, legal representatives and/or administrators/receivers.
- Responsible for contacting debtors by telephone in order to successfully collect on the debt that they owe
- Responsible for the improvement of collection processes and results; reduce time to collection; decrease operating expense and/or Schedules reminder calls or escalates process; including a final notification that outlines next step if payment is not received.
- Make follow-up communications a priority to ensure that customers keep their commitments.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of debts, implementing the agreed processes and systems to achieve desired goals and results.
- Owning and maintaining the day-to-day relationship with client, debtors and 3rd parties including negotiation over recommended action.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of taking legal action and prepare suitable cases for transfer to the in house legal team or external parties.
- Will respond to customer queries on both standard and non-standard issues, ensuring a full investigation is completed to answer the customer query in full.
- You may become involved in group projects, providing input and local technical knowledge to support the project group.
- Previous Credit Control experience is essential
- Good communication skills both verbal and written. In addition will demonstrate the ability to present information clearly and Will identify technical information communicate this in a style appropriate to the audience.
- Sound judgment and ability to assess cost effectiveness of actions.
- Ability to assess the situation and identify key factors.
- Proven negotiation skills, business orientation.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to build strong and productive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Drive, ability to work well under pressure.
- Previous Customer service/Admin experience
- Hybrid working
- 24 holidays a year + bank holidays
If you are interested then please apply now!
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.