Electronics Design Engineer (Electronics).
- Up to £55000.00 per annum
Electronics Design Engineer (Electronics)
- Up to £55000.00 per annum
November 1, 2023
The Recruitment Co. is currently recruiting for a Electronics Design Engineer (Electronics) to join our clients team based in the Swansea area.
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum.
Hours of work: Days / Full time
Working alongside engineers from other disciplines and supported by engineering management this role will be responsible for delivering the electronics platform supporting both medical and consumer IPL beauty therapy devices. The jobholder will be responsible for the full product development lifecycle and is expected to have an excellent understanding of design for mass manufacture and reliability. Responsibilities will encompass a wide range of electronics from opto-electronic sensing, low power amplification, microelectronics, medium to high voltage (300V-1kV), power semiconductors, mains powered and DC-DC SMPS.
The role will also be responsible for the PCB design and layout so an understanding of best practice design for EMC is required along with a working understanding of a suitable CAD system.
The role will often be required to theorise and prove a design so an understanding and working knowledge of a spice based simulator would be required.
The role will be required to deliver a platform that may in part be reliant on software for its operation, therefore the ability to effectively communicate the requirements is essential.
The role will be required to deliver a platform that can be tested at both a functional and production level. It is essential that the candidate has an understanding of the testing required to suitably validate the design and to ensure operation during mass production. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate the test requirements.
The role will be required to deliver work to support a wider product development, therefore a good work ethic, professional approach to delivery and the ability to communicate issues to a cross functional team is essential. A proven track record of delivery and working understanding of fundamental project and time management processes would benefit the candidate.
The role will be responsible for delivering a platform that meets all necessary regulatory requirements, therefore an understanding of the required standards and in particular the testing requirements (EMC, Insulation, Fault tolerance) would benefit the candidate
Working in a small development team, the jobholder is responsible for the full product design lifecycle, from concept through to production, on the mechanical aspects of cutting edge consumer electronic products in the Beauty and Medical industry.
- Working alongside engineers from other disciplines and supported by engineering management:
- Design and development of power, digital and analogue circuits.
- Design, build and test prototypes and write detailed technical reports.
- Ensure that electronic products are designed and tested in accordance with company procedures.
- Management and implementation of cost reduction programmes.
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products (EMC, electrical safety), including submissions to external regulatory bodies.
- Investigation of field and production issues and implementation of corrective actions.
- Product design of high volume consumer electronic products, including digital and analogue circuitry.
- EMC and safety testing to consumer standards
- Working to high level quality standards
- Use of electronic test equipment.
- Use of PCB layout package.
- Managing external contractors
- PCB layout
- High power/high voltage electronic systems
- Switch mode power supply design
- Use of Proteus PCB layout package
Qualifications and Training:
- HNC/HND in Electronics Engineering
- Degree in Electronics Engineering
- Maths A-level achieving grade B or higher
If you feel you have the right experience for the above role, please submit your CV for immediate response.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.