- Up to £10.42 per hour
- Up to £10.42 per hour
January 23, 2024
Job Title: Extruder Operator
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Hours: Full time. Monday – Thursday 8-4:45 and Friday 8-4 it would be a 43 hour working week
Here at The Recruitment Co we are currently recruiting an Extruder Operator to work for a company on a full time temporary to permanent contract.
Main job roles
- To set up and operate machinery, following company procedures and safe working practices, to achieve and maintain optimal running conditions, which produce finished products that fully comply with the Company’s and customer’s specifications.
- To undertake cleaning of machinery and process equipment utilising tools and resources provided, in an efficient and effective manner to minimise the impact on production.
- To conduct daily safety/mechanical checks on tools, machinery and process equipment. Reporting, in a timely manner any failures that arise.
- To promptly report issues relating to equipment breakdown or malfunction to appropriate line management.
- To operate a Fork lift truck (F.L.T) in a controlled and safe manner.
- To accurately complete relevant process documentation, (e.g. job cards, process condition sheets and extruder time data).
- To ensure that scales and balances are maintained to a productive and safe standard; performing calibration tasks when required.
- To carry out housekeeping within your area of responsibility, ensuring areas are clean and tidy, thus maintaining a safe work place.
- To wear personal protective equipment (P.P.E) in areas and during processes that requires it. All P.P.E is provided and must be worn when required.
- To report any Health and Safety issues, and to make recommendations for improvements.
- To be aware that you are responsible for health and safety in your working environment and that your actions should not jeopardise the health and safety of others.
- To liaise and communicate with the different departments within production to ensure the efficient movement of material through the process.
- To ensure, when identified, that quality issues are promptly reported to key stake holders (i.e. Supervisors/Managers/Quality Control).
- To liaise and assist team members, supervisors/management and quality control to ensure quality issues are resolved effectively and reoccurrences prevented.
- To contribute actively to continuous improvement within the work environment and be an effective and conscientious member of the production team.
- To follow all safety and isolation of machinery procedures.
- To ensure supplied mixes are processed in an effective and efficient manner, resulting in production of finished goods which fully comply with the required specifications.
- To understand and learn the different techniques used to overcome process issues.
- To prepare appropriate samples for testing by Quality Control and ensure these are supplied in a timely manner.
- To check the quality of finished product, (e.g. no oversized, fines, doubles or contamination) and to rectify issues should they occur.
- To ensure the finished product is packaged and labelled correctly, by following standard packaging instructions along with customer specific requirements. Checking bag seals to
prevent loss or contamination.
- To ensure, when required, finished product is safely and securely palletised and wrapped in a manner that is suitable for dispatch.
- Extrusion experience
If you are interested please apply now!
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.