- £18000 - £25000 per annum
- £18000 - £25000 per annum
January 11, 2023
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Salary: £24,000 – £25,000 a year
Hours: Full time. Temporary to permanent Monday – Friday with flexible hours between 7am-6pm
Here at The Recruitment we are recruiting a Logistics Coordinator to work for a client of ours based in Newport.
You will work as part of an established duty team responsible for arranging the importation & exportation of various commodities on behalf of our clients, arranging quotations to new and existing clients in a timely manner and obtaining all the required documentation, information and times as instructed/requested by clients or your Manager/Director.
You will obtain all HMRC/cargo documentation and information relevant to the importation or exportation consignment and will coordinate HMRC requirements on behalf of our clients. You will be responsible for calculating and keying accurate Data pro-forma via third party bespoke software or Government Portal.
Main Job roles:
- Liaising with clients once new shipments requests are received in a timely manner.
- Checking systems to obtain correct transport dimensions & weights.
- Creating bookings in bespoke software.
- Requesting quotations from hauliers, agents & carriers.
- Forwarding official quotations to clients for approval.
- Booking shipments with hauliers, agents & carriers ensuring the correct client information and paperwork is created and adhered to.
- Liaising with collection and delivery contacts, including hauliers, on a daily basis.
- Obtaining invoices & proof of delivery.
- Updating & invoicing jobs to clients dealing with internal & external account queries.
- Obtain all the required documentation & information from clients.
- Be responsible for the accurate preparation & completion of Import & Export Customs Declaration & Delivery documentation via third party bespoke software or Government Portal.
- Communicating / emailing various documentation to clients, hauliers, agents & carriers.
- Prepare and complete all data input with accurate information within our operating system ‘Datafreight.Net’.
- Accurately calculate Invoice Sales, within on our operating system ‘Datafreight.Net’.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients, hauliers, agents and carriers.
- Assist the Manager/Director in the training and support of new Employees in the role of Logistics Coordinator.
- Prompt communication of problems, in particular emergency situations in accordance with established Emergency
- Ideally some form of Logistics experience or Knowledge (Not essential
- Previous Customer service and Admin experience in an office environment is essential
- Be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and within a close-knit operational team.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail.
- Be self-disciplined, reliable, and capable of working to set time frames, often out-of-office hours.
If you feel this role is for you then please apply now!
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.