Management Accountant – Lisburn.
Management Accountant – Lisburn
October 16, 2023
- Management Accountant
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- 36.25 hours per week
- £20.26 per hour
- 3 – 6 months initially with possible extension
- To support the Senior Management Accountant in the provision of an efficient and
effective Management Accounting function, including financial modelling,
preparation, monitoring & reporting of the revenue and capital budgets, along with
significant input to the preparation of the Statutory Accounts.
- To support the development and maintenance of relevant financial procedures, policies, practices and systems, ensuring these are in line with legislation, financial regulations and good practice
- To develop and monitor the implementation of relevant financial policies and procedures.
- To support the Senior Management Accountant to formulate financial forecasts and plans to enable service delivery.
- To assist in the development and provision of the annual revenue and capital budgets and subsequent production of budgetary and outturn forecasts and issue of periodic reports. This includes monthly management accounts and monitoring returns for the Board, Corporate Management Team and the sponsoring body.
- To draft monthly variance reports and provide analysis as required.
- To maintain Management Accounting systems and ensure compliance with month end / year end routines in accordance with strict accounting deadline. This includes posting journals and maintaining accurate records to support these
- To ensure all miscodings are dealt with promptly and advise budget holders on the use of correct financial codes.
- To administer charging arrangements to and from other organisations.
- To maintain accurate employee records for the purposes of financial reporting and ensure this is updated and checked against payroll/ HR records.
1. Be a CCAB Qualified Accountant having successfully completed the
professional examinations of one of the following:
– Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW, ICAI, ICAS)
– Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
– Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
– Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
2. Have at least 2 years relevant experience within a large complex organisation* of:
(a) Financial management, including the preparation of monthly management
(b) The preparation of Statutory Financial Statements.
*NIFRS employs in excess of 2000 staff, has over 70 sites and a budget of circa £70 million.
3. Demonstrable experience of:
(a) Using computerised accounting packages and using excel and databases
for the provision of financial information
(b) Accounting systems development
(c) Providing financial information for corporate decision making.
(d) Developing financial governance arrangements