June 7, 2022
Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Belfast are looking to recruit a Project Manager to join their team.
Location – Clarendon dock
36.25 hour per week ( Mon to Fri )
Length of role : 31st August 22
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, coordination, administration, implementation, control and progress of key examinations projects for Summer 2023.
The post holder will work across key units including
Qualifications and Question Paper Production.
Key corporate responsibilities
- To contribute fully, at the appropriate level, to the operations of the relevant Business Units in order to achieve the objectives of the Corporate and operational Plans.
- To contribute fully, at the appropriate level, within the relevant Business Units
(i) accountability and performance management framework;
(ii) risk management framework;
(iii) quality management framework; and
(iv) communications management framework.
The post holder will ensure the compliance of self and, where appropriate, others with these frameworks such that they support the achievement of the Corporate and Operational objectives.
- To assist the relevant line management, Business Unit Managers, Director and Top Management Team in supporting the functions and responsibilities of all of its committees.
- To ensure that secures value for money from the resources available to it.
- To ensure, as appropriate to the level of the post, that the company operates an effective and transparent system of decision-making which includes a robust challenge function at all levels.
- To contribute fully, as consistent with the scope of this role, to the full range of the Business Units’ work in relation to business improvement models including ISO, IiP and Customer Excellence, taking ownership, where applicable, for formal documentation, policies, practices, procedures, records, reports and statistical information.
- The post holder will be required to identify measures and targets to develop meaningful approaches to benchmarking consistent with a culture of continuous improvement
- To be responsible for maintaining records in accordance with the ISO Overview Procedure and to become familiar with records management practices and the implication of the Freedom of Information (FoI) and Data Protection (DP) Acts.
- To contribute to the effective discharge of the Section 75 duties in line with Equality Scheme.
- To carry out any other duties, falling reasonably within the competence and capability of the post holder, to support the achievement of objectives as directed by line management, Business Unit Managers and Top Management Team.
Degree in a related subject area or a professional
qualification deemed by the Council to be equivalent.
Experience – At least 3 years experience of:
- Managing multiple projects using project management methodology as deemed appropriate by the Council
- Managing people; Presenting, training, teaching or facilitation;
- Preparing formal reports or papers including analysis of data;
- Project managing the development and supporting any form of service, product, or educational materials;
- Managing change or innovation to enhance the delivery of services;
- Applying and using technology in the delivery of services; and
- Working effectively with a range of partners and/or stakeholders.
- Access to a form of transport that allows the post-holder to undertake the duties of the role.