Senior Estates Administrator.
- Cwmbran, Torfaen
- Up to £11.67 per hour
Senior Estates Administrator
- Cwmbran, Torfaen
- Up to £11.67 per hour
September 21, 2023
The Recruitment Co. Is urgently recruiting for a Senior Estates Administrator to join our client’s team based within the national healthcare trust in the Cwmbran area.
Rate of Pay: £11.67 p/h
Hours of work: Working hours Monday to Friday (days to hours are flexible between 0800 & 1800)
Contract: The initial duration of this agreement will be for 6 months from date of appointment with the potential to extend by mutual agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- To provide confidential, effective, and efficient administrative support
- To provide day to day support and respond to enquiries in relation to the Estates/Facilities function from within the Trust, host organisations and external sources, prioritise and allocate calls via telephone, in person or electronically via email and the Estates Helpdesk property management system
- To administer the reporting of faults and general maintenance requests relating to the Trust Estate throughout Wales, arrange for contractors to attend site to investigate calls logged via email/estates helpdesk, engage with contractors to request quotations and coordinate repair works using tact and diplomacy to proactively resolve queries.
- Remaining customer focused at all times ensuring regular communication and updates are provided on actions taken to internal customers, Estates/Facilities team and contractors via email
- To arrange meetings and make appointments; book meeting rooms, set up electronic equipment, utilising Trust equipment, and co-ordinate, if required, the provision of refreshments. This may require the negotiation and prioritisation of other meetings to ensure meeting rooms/video links are available.
- To coordinate the distribution of agendas and meeting papers.
- To take minutes of meetings and transcribe them into formal minutes or action notes, as required.
- To produce a wide variety of documents such as reports, presentations and spreadsheets,and other supplementary administrative services, such as photocopying, faxing, shredding, opening, logging and distribution of mail, establishing shared folders and formatting documents.
- Raising of job requisitions via the Oracle system and process invoices for payment promptly and accurately as they come in from contractors, landlords, utility, and insurance companies.
- Receipting of goods and services via Oracle and ensuring correct cost codes have been applied under the supervision of the estates and facilities management team.
- To review and export various maintenance invoices from jobs that have been raised in preparation for manager authorisation. The postholder will then apply the correct VAT cost code to each invoice prior to submission to the Finance department for payment.
- To undertake general filing and maintain an organised, confidential paper-based and electronic filing system in accordance with the Records Management Policy.
- Dealing with access control enquiries using the NET 2 System, including the setting up, printing and distribution of new combined ID/access cards for new staff members, ensuring they have the correct access for the sites as needed. Monitoring and reviewing requests via estates helpdesk including cancellation of lost/stolen cards. Records to be kept up to date at all times under the supervision of the estates and facilities management team.
- To be aware of relevant procedures and practices, and act in accordance with them as appropriate.
- To comply with policies for own work area and propose any changes to working practices or procedures to improve the efficiency of the office.
- To monitor and order stock from approved suppliers on a regular basis, and to distribute. This includes cleaning and office supplies
- To undertake any other duties deemed appropriate which is commensurate with the grade.
- To be responsible for maintaining individual statutory/mandatory training through ESR and to participate in the Trust’s PADR programme
- To attend and participate in Team meetings and any training events deemed appropriate.
- To act independently within occupational guidelines, but with guidance or supervision, and within agreed timescales.
- To provide cover for colleagues during periods of absence such as annual leave, training or sickness absence.
- To assist with the internal/external mailing of bulk items, as appropriate.
- Good general level of education, equivalent to five good GCSE grades or equivalent, or equivalent experience.
- NVQ level 3 in Business and Administration or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working in an administrative environment,
including coordinating diaries/rotas, and allocating tasks,
as well as dealing with queries.
Aptitude and Abilities
- Good telephone manner and customer care/service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced keyboard / word processing skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office packages.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage completing demands.
- Ability to suggest changes to administrative practices to improve performance of the team.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for this role, please submit your CV for immediate response.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.