Staff Officer- Newforge.
- £17.09 per hour
Staff Officer- Newforge
- £17.09 per hour
October 6, 2023
- Staff Officer
Job Opportunity: Staff Officer – Information Governance and Records Management
Duration: 3 Months
Rate of Pay: £17.09 per hour
Start Date: ASAP – Must be fully registered to start
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, 37 hours per week
Are you ready to make an impact in the world of information governance and records management? If you have a passion for ensuring compliance with information access legislation, a keen eye for detail, and experience in managing records, we want you to join our team!
As a Staff Officer, you will play a vital role in supporting the business areas compliance with information legislation, including FOIA. You will have oversight of critical Content Manager functions, including the resolution of complex issues that power users cannot tackle. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Information Governance & Records Manager in resolving requests for information.
- Supporting the development and review of business areas information governance policies and procedures.
- Overseeing fileplan management, ensuring the creation and maintenance of all levels of the Content Manager fileplan, and applying retention and disposal schedules.
- Creating and maintaining reports for management.
- Providing expert helpdesk support for queries that cannot be resolved by power users.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience in a junior- or middle-management role with a significant records management or information governance element.
- A sound knowledge of information access legislation, including FOI, EIR, and GDPR/DPA.
- High competency with the main MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with an EDRMS, preferably MicroFocus Content Manager as used in the NICS.
- Proven experience in confidently and persuasively communicating with senior colleagues, both in person and in writing.
- Education to degree level, with evidence required at the time of application.
Candidates with the following qualifications or experience will be considered favorably:
- Familiarity with the online NICS information asset register.
This role will be based at the Newforge site and may involve occasional travel between this and other sites.
If you are ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role in information governance and records management, we encourage you to apply.
To submit your application, please send your CV via the provided link or email it to email@example.com. Join us in our mission to ensure the highest standards of information governance and records management!