Team Secretary (Band 3).
- £0.00 - £10.42 per hour
Team Secretary (Band 3)
- £0.00 - £10.42 per hour
September 22, 2023
Job Title: Team Secretary (Band 3)
Hours: Mon-Fri 37.5 Hours
Pay rate: £10.42 ph / £78.15 per day (Paid Weekly)
Location: Lincolnshire (Hybrid Working)
Temp – 3 months
Requirements for the position:
- Good command of the English language O level/GCSE C and above
- RSA 2/3 Word Processing/Typing qualification or equivalent formal training/experience
- NVQ 3 in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Must have relevant office experience
- Experience of minute taking/panels
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Organise and take note for a number of panels making sure financial approvals for care packages are sought and letters to providers.
- Organise and maintain diaries for the members of the Directorate, including:
- Arranging meetings, allocating sufficient travel time and ensuring appropriate brought forward system.
- Prioritising requests for meetings.
- Providing/obtaining travel directions/maps and making arrangements for travel warrants/hotel accommodation, as necessary.
- Support other Directorate staff in the planning and administration of events to ensure the best use of professional time.
- To set up meetings/events and provide additional support as follows:
- Ensure suitable venue, required equipment and hospitality needs are booked.
- Take minutes of meetings; circulate agendas, corresponding papers, and minutes of meetings within agreed timescales.
- Assist with the facilitation of events as necessary, including preparation and circulation of papers/promotional materials, setting/clearing up on the day, greeting and ensuring needs of attendees are met
- Assist in the preparation and production of promotional material, e.g., posters, leaflets and displays
- Accurately produce, using typewriting/word-processing skills from audio or written draft reports, a variety of documents and reports using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. This may often mean working under pressure to meet agreed timescales, and will include letters, memos and faxes that may contain sensitive and confidential patient information.
- Assist members of the Directorate in the production of specialist reports:
- Typing reports in a corporate, high-quality format.
- Investigating options and finalising arrangements for printing and distribution to meet the required deadlines.
- To develop and create or, assist in the development and creation of spreadsheets and to ensure that data is kept continually updated.
- To provide or assist in the provision of statistical information, queries and reports as required by the Directorate.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail appropriately:
- Ensuring any outgoing mail is sent through appropriate methods e.g., internal or first- class post.
- Incoming mail distributed appropriate and timely. Any urgent mail highlighted as necessary in the absence of intended recipient.
- Respond to telephone enquiries and visitors to the department:
- Deal with telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, taking and forwarding messages accordingly.
- Greeting and providing hospitality to visitors to the department.
- At all times being aware of the need for confidentiality.
- Prepare and arrange for appropriate authorisation of requisitions for equipment and services.
- To maintain a record of requisitions ordered and received. Maintain supplies of office stationery.
- To update and maintain the Directorate’s filing systems, both manual and electronic, and to maintain a ‘bring forward’ system. To be aware and work within the confines of confidentiality at all times.
- To undertake maintenance of administrative systems such as photocopying, faxing, e-mailing, thereby ensuring the smooth and efficient processing of all routine matters appertaining to the Directorate.
- Monitor the duty inbox and respond to enquiries on a daily basis.
- Provide secretarial cover for ICB colleagues during periods of absence including annual leave and sickness, and also assist colleagues during periods of excessive workloads.
- Recognise that from time to time there will be a need to work flexible hours in support of the ICB including the need to attend to take minutes at evening meetings.
- To participate in the appraisal process and to attend mandatory training and comply with the ICBs policies and procedures.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.