Technical R&D Consultant.
- Bangor, County Down
Technical R&D Consultant
- Bangor, County Down
October 6, 2023
If the following statements resonate with you, please keep reading.
· Be entrepreneurial – take ownership of your projects, drive them forward, deliver results for our clients and be aware of where new business opportunities may be.
· Raise the bar – we aim to set the standard by working smart and delivering a great experience;
· Help each other – we genuinely help others to shine and be amazing. No room for egos;
· Be professional and ethical – we focus on doing the best job we can in a courteous, respectful and professional manner, ensuring all work is ethically compiled in line with legislation; and
· Customer focussed – develop effective, personal and long-lasting relationships with our Customers.
In the role of R&D Technical Consultant, you will report to our Operations Director and work in collaboration with your fellow technical consultants and Chartered Accountants.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary client-facing team, that truly values an entrepreneurial mindset and encourages each team member to own their outputs.
As a Technical R&D Consultant, you will:
· Meet clients face-to-face;
· Explore in depth what projects your clients’ have been undertaking;
· Determine whether or not these projects qualify for R&D Tax Credit in line with current Government legislation and guidelines.
· Establish all costs associated with qualifying R&D projects.
· Write compelling technical reports that illustrate the R&D work our clients undertake.
This role is ideally suited for someone who wants to make use of their technical and commercial expertise and apply it to a more client facing role within a fast-growing professional company.
· You have an academic background in Business/Design/Innovation/Engineering/ or equivalent work experience in these areas, or the field of business Consultancy;
· You have relevant experience in helping add value to SME businesses;
· You have experience of managing projects, and are familiar with common project management methodologies;
· You are tech savvy and interested in new and emerging technologies;
· You show curiosity, awareness and an interest in the fields of science, technology and innovation;
· You have strong analytical skills and are able to both understand and challenge new ideas, on-the-spot;
· You have an excellent command of the written language and can demonstrate experience of professional report writing.
· You are able to formulate your own opinion, backed up with arguments and confidence;
· You bring structure and are able to manage progress in delivering R&D claims or other projects;
· You do not procrastinate or make excuses – you can focus on getting things done;
· You have what it takes to thrive in our team: eagerness to learn, an open mindset, a team spirit, an entrepreneurial attitude and a ‘raise-the-bar’ mentality;
· You can keep a cool head and adapt when last-minute changes are needed;
· You are strong in one-on-one coaching/mentoring;
· You have exemplar communication skills and can easily build trust and rapport with new people; and
· Nice to have: you have business experience in the client-side Consulting arena
To apply or to find out more information please email