Telephony Officer – Belfast City Centre.
- £11.99 Per Hour
Telephony Officer – Belfast City Centre
- £11.99 Per Hour
September 19, 2023
- Telephony Officer
Our client, A Large public sector organisation, based in Belfast City Centre is looking for an Telephony Officer to join their team.
Duration: 51 weeks
Rate of pay: £11.99 per hour
Start Date: 25/09/2023 – Must be fully registered in order to start
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: The posts will require staff to work an average of 37 hrs per week in a range of patterns between the hours of 8am and 8pm on any day between Monday and Friday, some patterns will require 9am to 5pm on one Saturday in ten. Working patterns are managed locally and we will give as much notice as possible if we need to change the work pattern.
Main Duties Include:
The main business of the department is to promote the financial responsibility parents have for their children; to provide information and support for parents to enable them to make effective arrangements; and to provide an efficient statutory maintenance service with effective enforcement powers.
You will work as a member of a team in a busy and fast paced environment providing an efficient and effective service to our customers. Staff are expected to contact customers by phone to enable us to gather information and process applications and changes as quickly as possible. Dealing with inbound calls and making outgoing calls are an integral part of the work in the department. You should remember that your actions in dealing with cases can have a major impact on the lives of our customers so your calculations must be accurate and decisions fully recorded.
When you complete your training you will join one of New Applications Teams whose role is to guide both clients through the application process and ensure they fully understand what to expect going forward. Dealing with customers by phone will be a major part of your work. You will deal with various cases where the Paying Parent, is Employed, Self Employed, Unemployed or in receipt of benefit.
Duties will include
* Handling inbound calls from Paying Parents (PP), Receiving Parents (RP), and potentially Employers.
* Making outbound calls to Paying Parents (PP), Receiving Parents (RP) and potentially employers to gather information, to process applications and set up the Initial CMS assessment.
* Managing customer’s expectations, taking the time to explain processes clearly and providing realistic and accurate timeframes for action to be completed.
* Collecting and recording evidence and information by phone to speed up the processing of new claims and to action ‘change of circumstance’ requests quickly and accurately to ensure paying cases continue paying.
* Handling all calls in a calm and professional manner.
* Where appropriate, making decisions in relation to maintenance calculations and recording those decisions fully and accurately
* Making appropriate use of Child Maintenance computer systems to record and retrieve information
* Taking efficient and effective action on all incoming correspondence to deliver a high-quality customer service
* Using available ‘tracking tools’ to manage own workload and contribute to achieving the organisations targets
* Working collaboratively as part of a team to share knowledge and make decisions.
* Addressing instances of client dissatisfaction immediately and attempting to resolve them in a timely manner to avoid escalation to complaints.
* Sign-posting / Where appropriate, providing information on support available. Ensuring adherence with GDPR by ensuring that all customer information is held appropriately and securely.
* 5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths & English (We will require proof at time of application)
**Please note that successful applicants will be required to complete an AccessNI check**
To apply please send your CV via the link or email firstname.lastname@example.org