Our client, A Large public sector organisation, based in the Belfast area is looking for Admin Officers to join their team.
Duration: 51 Weeks with possibility of extension
Rate of pay: £11.70 per hour
Hours: The contracted hours are 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday and every 4th Saturday on a rota basis. However, at present staff are working various shift patterns between 9.00 – 5.00 Monday to Friday.
Start Date: 30/05/2023
The main business of the department is to promote the financial responsibility parents have for their children; to provide information and support for parents to enable them to make effective arrangements; and to provide an efficient statutory maintenance service with effective enforcement powers.
You will work as a member of a team in a busy and fast paced environment providing an efficient and effective service to our customers. Staff are expected to contact customers by phone to enable us to gather information and process applications and changes as quickly as possible. Dealing with inbound calls and making outgoing calls are an integral part of the work in the department. You should remember that your actions in dealing with cases can have a major impact on the lives of our customers so your calculations must be accurate and decisions fully recorded.
When you complete your training you will join one of our business teams and while your specific duties will depend on the team in which you are placed, dealing with customers by phone will be a major part of your work.
Duties will include:
· Handling inbound calls from Paying Parents (PP), Receiving Parents (RP), and potentially Employers. There may be some outbound calls to be made.
· Managing customer’s expectations, taking the time to explain processes clearly and providing realistic and accurate timeframes for action to be completed.
· Collecting and recording evidence and information by phone to speed up the processing of new claims and to action ‘change of circumstance’ requests quickly and accurately to ensure paying cases continue paying.
· Handling all calls in a calm and professional manner
· Where appropriate, making decisions in relation to maintenance calculations and recording those decisions fully and accurately
· Making appropriate use of Child Maintenance computer systems to record and retrieve information
· Taking efficient and effective action on all incoming correspondence to deliver a high-quality customer service
· Using available ‘tracking tools’ to manage own workload and contribute to achieving the organisations targets; Ensuring adherence with GDPR by ensuring that all customer information is held appropriately and securely.
– 5 GCSE’s A-C (Must have Maths and English) – Must be able to provide proof of documentation
– Previous admin or telephony experience would be beneficial, but no required
**Please note that successful applicants will be required to complete an AccessNI check**
To apply please send your CV via the link or email email@example.com