Assistant Scientific Officer.
Assistant Scientific Officer
October 11, 2023
Our client, based in Lisburn are looking for an Assistant Scientific Officer to join their team
– The WQO will sample the aquatic environment in specified areas of NI to include rivers, lakes and coastal waters, trade effluents such as NIW wastewater treatment works and sampling groundwater
Responsible to the WMU Sampling Manager (Jamie McCartney HSO)
ACCOUNTABILITY / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sample collection and basic field analysis at pre-determined locations. Sample delivery to laboratories for subsequent analysis.
To take routine samples of water and effluent discharges from:-
Rivers, lakes and coastal waters,
Water Service Waste Water Treatment Works.
Private sewage treatment works.
NI Water Treatment Works.
Other point sources.
Freshwater and effluent sampling in response to pollution incidents.
Other duties associated with consented discharges such as low flow inspections and visual inspections of discharges.
Assist other staff with proactive site visits to industrial sites and other premises targeted as part of the NIEA pollution prevention campaign.
Support duties to assist field staff or WMU HQ staff.
Agricultural site checks of rivers and lakes in places with a past history.
Regular audits of NIEA vehicles.
Work under the supervision of Water Chemistry Group to maintain conformance with the Quality System in compliance with the requirements of the ISO 17025 standard.
Driving NIEA vehicles from a vehicle pool to collect samples from pre-agreed sites.
Staff will be expected to be able to drive as they will have access to a vehicle supplied for their field duties
– 5 GCSEs Including Maths, English and Science (certificate proof)
– Hold full Category B driving licence valid for NI
– Candidates for these posts must have a reasonable level of fitness due to the physical elements of the post such as walking over rough terrain, lifting manhole covers and gaining access to remote rivers and lakes
– £11.99ph (weekly)
– WMU Lisburn, 17 Antrim Road, Lisburn, BT28 3AL
Length Of Assignment:
– 6 months minimum
– 37 hours per week Mon to Fri, 9am – 5pm
(flexible hours apply)
Please send your CV via the link or email Isaac.Jones@therecruitmentco.uk