Clinical Trials Software Support Engineer.
- £30000.00 - £35000 per annum
Clinical Trials Software Support Engineer
- £30000.00 - £35000 per annum
October 2, 2023
The Recruitment Co are recruiting an experienced Clinical Trials Software Support Engineer to join our clients expanding team. A world-leading manufacturer of high-quality technical products.
Salary: Up to £35,000p.a
Shifts: Full time Days
Our client is looking for a multi-skilled Software Engineer to support in the ongoing clinical trials undertaken to prove the safety and efficacy of products developed by the company.
Our client undertakes numerous clinical trials in-house and the company has developed bespoke software to facilitate this function. This software is used to manage each individual appointment, provide step-by-step guidance on the procedures to be followed along with real-time data collection at each step, the data being either captured visual images, physiological measurements via interfaced devices or questionnaire responses. All the data gathered is stored in a highly regimented format and structure to ensure accuracy and repeatability across each study. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving the existing system, providing day-to-day support and ensuring optimal performance and data integrity across numerous clinical suites.
The company has also developed complex image analysis tools that allow quantification of key metrics such as hair counts pre and post treatment. These automated tools are utilised to determine the efficacy of the Companies products using high resolution images captured during the clinical studies. You will be responsible for maintaining, supporting and improving the existing system with a particular focus on ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data.
In addition to direct support of the clinical department, you will be involved in the development of document management systems for the entire business. As the company operates according to numerous International Regulatory Standards, i.e., EU Medical Device Directive and the USA FDA, accurate document control is vital to the ongoing function of the business.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the development of a business-wide document management system that captures inputs from design/development/clinical/regulatory and manufacturing departments.
Software/Hardware – Essential Requirements
Windows forms applications in VB/C#/.NET including:
- GUI design
- Real-time data collection, manipulation and storage (SQL database)
- Automatic report generation of collated data, primarily direct export to MS Excel
- Image capture and post-processing
- SQL database design, development, implementation and query construction using industry standard tools (SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Management)
- Device interfacing via Serial COM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc
- Powershell script development for file management/cloud storage (Sharepoint/Azure)
- Collection of web-based customer data using standard analytics packages
- Maintaining a high level of documentation and validation reports on the tools developed
- Familiarity with Data Protection Rules and Regulations
If you have the required skills and experience required for this role then please submit your CV for immediate response.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.