As a Counter Assistant, your primary responsibility is to deliver exceptional customer service at the counter. You will serve as a customer advocate for a wide range of housing services. Your role involves capturing customer inquiries, understanding their needs, and providing appropriate advice and assistance. Additionally, you will ensure that customer requests are directed to the relevant Housing Executive officers or external agencies when necessary.
1. Capturing Customer Contact:
- Accurately record customer information, including contact details and the nature of their request.
- Document all actions taken, such as forwarding requests to other Housing Executive officers or departments.
2. Understanding Customer Requests:
- Gather comprehensive information to fully understand customer needs before taking appropriate action.
3. Advice, Assistance & Signposting:
- Provide basic advice on various housing-related topics, including:
- Housing benefit and universal credit inquiries
- Accounts and arrears inquiries, including processing payments
- Repair requests and follow-ups on outstanding repairs
- Housing solutions and support, including application assistance
- Estate management and community issues
- Available properties through choice-based lettings
- Planned maintenance schemes/programs within the area
- Offer assistance with tasks such as:
- Reporting repairs (including recording repairs for NIHE tenants)
- Providing documentation, e.g., proof of Housing Benefit receipt, letters from the Housing Executive
- Assisting with form completion, e.g., choice-based lettings interest forms
- Reporting anti-social behavior (ASB)
- Efficiently direct and pass customer queries to other officers or departments when necessary, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
4. Receipting Information:
- Receive, verify (for completeness and accuracy), and appropriately document information submitted by customers at the counter. This may include application forms, supporting evidence, and photographic identification.
5. Other Duties:
- Provide coverage within the office as needed.
- Perform additional relevant duties as required.
Candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold a BTEC National or equivalent Professional or Technical qualification along with a minimum of one year’s relevant general administrative experience.
- Possess five GCSE “O” Levels or equivalent qualifications, plus at least two years of relevant general administrative experience.
- Exceptionally, candidates without the above qualifications but with a minimum of three years’ relevant general administrative experience may be considered.
For shortlisting purposes, relevant experience includes:
- At least six months of experience directly delivering customer service to the public via telephone or face-to-face within the last year.
- At least six months of experience within a customer service delivery environment at NIHE.
- Proficiency in using various computer packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you are interested, please submit your CV before 10am 25th September