Installations Project Manager.
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
Installations Project Manager
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
January 26, 2024
Job Title: Installations Project Manager
Location: Home based but will be travelling around the UK (30% travel time)
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am-5pm but can vary due to travelling
Our well established client are currently looking for a Installations Project Manager to join their business on a permanent basis.
Purpose of role: To co-ordinate design, manufacture and commissioning of large projects liaising and working closely with Engineering Centre Manager and Centre project managers to ensure projects are delivery within scope and budget within the agreed timescales.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Project Management, the role is very multi-purposed and will require you to oversee & manage large projects, typically £1m-£5M in value and often part of larger project. You will liaise with colleagues in both the External Sales and Engineering teams to meet delivery requirements for installations of fluid power, mechanical and/or electrical systems, as part of the project framework. Your role will be to co-ordinate & manage procurement and on-site engineers to ensure smooth delivery of the customer requirements and control on-site Health & Safety requirements as required. You will co-ordinate activities
between sales and engineering teams to ensure that both customer and company needs are met as efficiently as possible.
- Key responsibilities:
Provide assistance, oversight and guidance from time to time on tendering opportunities for new upcoming projects.
- Oversee and manage projects from conception to completion, ensuring adherence to timelines and budgets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop project plans, encompassing design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning phases.
- Co-ordinate the design process with the relevant teams for hydraulic, mechanical &; electrical systems, ensuring compliance with industry standards and
- Work closely with engineering teams to review and approve design documents.
- Co-ordinate manufacturing activities, ensuring timely production of components and systems according to project requirements.
- Co-ordinate installation engineers and subcontractors, ensuring installations are conducted as per the project requirements and adhering to all health and
- Oversee the commissioning phase, ensuring a seamless transition from manufacturing to on-site deployment.
- Collaborate with installation teams to troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues.
- Developing reporting for project performance to communicate to stakeholders monthly, this will include including performance against programme, budget
and HSQE; and ensure key milestones are achieved.
- Regularly assess project performance against established benchmarks and take corrective actions as needed.
- Identify potential risks to project success and develop mitigation strategies.
- Monitor project financials, ensuring alignment with budgetary constraints and cash flow requirements.
- Implement financial controls to optimize resource allocation and mitigate financial risks.
- Maintain open communication channels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates on project status, addressing concerns and resolving issues promptly.
- Ensure all projects adhere to relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to address any regulatory challenges.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- General:Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current within
your role, looking to innovate always.
- Maintain a positive & solution-oriented approach to work, providing open & honest feedback.
- In all internal & external contact, present a professional & positive image of the Group as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive, & beneficial
- Undertake such other duties, training & or hours of work as may be reasonably required, & which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
Proven experience in project management, particularly in large-scale projects (£2m-£10m) with a focus on hydraulic and mechanical systems.
Strong understanding of design principles, manufacturing processes, and commissioning procedures.
Excellent financial acumen and experience managing project budgets and cash flow.
Health & Safety Management experience
People management skills within Engineering Environment
Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business
Excellent computer/systems experience
Proven experience in project management, particularly in large-scale projects with a focus on hydraulic and mechanical systems.
Experience of working with MEICA contracts
Experience of working within NEC4 contract or equivalent
If interested apply today or call us on 01823 352333!
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.